FSSC22000 has released and published Version 6 of the FSSC22000 scheme. Version 6 will have a 12-month transition period to allow organizations to prepare for the new Version and CBs for implementation and gaining accreditation. The first audits to Version 6 will commence from 01 April 2024 onwards, and all organizations must complete the V6 upgrade audit before 31 March 2025.
The main reasons for the updated version of the FSSC 22000 scheme are:
- Integrating the requirements of ISO 22003-1:2022,
- Strengthening the requirements to support organizations in their contributions to meeting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and
- Incorporating feedback as a result of the Version 6 development survey, which received nearly 2000 responses.
A brief overview of the main changes of Version 6 are as follows:
- Realignment of the Food Chain Categories in accordance with ISO 22003-1:2022.
- The scope has been expanded to include Trading and Brokering (FII) and reduced by removing Farming and FSSC 22000-Quality from the scheme.
- Integration of the requirements on food safety and quality culture.
- New requirements on quality control, food loss and waste, and equipment management.
- Strengthened existing additional requirements in Part 2 of the scheme, including but not limited to allergen management and environmental monitoring.
- Changes to and clarification on requirements for the Certification Process.
- Addition of a QR Code on FSSC 22000 certificates for improved traceability.
For further information, please contact FSSC website: www.fssc.com